Pop icon Celine Dion on Friday canceled all her remaining shows scheduled for 2023-2024, saying she was not strong enough to tour because she was battling a rare neurological disorder.
Last year, the 55-year-old Canadian singer revealed she was suffering from a rare medical condition which was affecting her singing.
“I’m so sorry to disappoint you all once again… and even though it breaks my heart, it’s best that we cancel everything until I can actually get back on stage.” Don’t be ready for that,” tweeted the My Heart Will Go On songwriter.
“I’m not giving up… and I can’t wait to see you again!” He added.
A statement released by her tour said: “With a sense of overwhelming disappointment, Celine Dion’s Courage World Tour today announces the cancellation of all remaining dates on sale for 2023 and 2024.”
“I’ve been working really hard to build my strength back up, but touring can be very difficult even when you’re 100%,” the statement quoted Dion as saying.
In December 2022, she posted a tearful video on Instagram to say that she had recently been diagnosed with stiff-person syndrome and would not be ready to start a European tour in February as planned.
She said the disorder was causing muscle spasms and “wasn’t allowing me to use my vocal cords the way I’m used to.”
The “Courage World Tour” began in 2019, and Dion completed 52 shows before the Covid-19 pandemic halted the remainder.
He later canceled the North American leg of the tour due to health problems.
The tour was the Grammy-winning winner’s first global concert tour in a decade and the first without her husband-manager René Angélil, who died of cancer in 2016.